Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2009 Touring model and I'm trying to find out if anyone has ever done a modification to make the 120V Power Outlet in their vehicles to be hot when they key is in the Accessory position, instead of ON. I tried doing a search already but I couldn't find anything to do this. Perhaps I'm using the wrong keywords.

Right now, the 120V outlet is only hot when the car is running or when they key is in the ON position. I'm trying to make it so that even when they key is switched to the ACCESSORY position, it will still power up my ASUS O!Play Media Player so my kids can still enjoy their movies on the RES. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think that the 120 v outlet would drain your battery very fast if it could be used in accessory position. Your best bet would be to get an 12v DC to AC inverter. In fact I have a Cobra CPI 475 DC to AV inverter that I never used that I would sell you for $20.00 w/shipping. PM me

·
Registered
21 Posts
Forget it, even something that draws very litttle will drain the battery quickly, and will leave you stranded.
I respectfully disagree. I've installed an "always on" lighter socket in my 2003 Odyssey and used a small 175 watt AC inverter over the holiday weekend to keep a laptop computer charged. Even with the inverter running overnight the Odyssey battery was fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts