Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 EX-L just turned 12k miles. I have been noticing a "buzzy" feel and slight vibration in the steering and floor when the engine speed is about 2,500 rpm's. The symptom is present while driving or even if parked and revving the engine. There is also a low rumble growl associated with it too. The exhaust even seems louder. This has been happening for a while now and seems to be getting worse with time.

I have also recently noticed that the transmission doesn't seem to shift into 5th gear smoothly at times (when going in & out ECO mode). When it exhibits this symptom it's as if the gear change is more apparent and the engine/trans movement is increased.

I took the van to the dealer yesterday to have it checked out. After waiting an hour or so, the service advisor came back and told me that no unusual noises or vibrations were noted by the technician. I asked to have the tech come out so I can demonstrate the symptom to him but he had conveniently left for the day already. Another tech came out and I showed him what I was complaining about and he noticed it and agreed with me that the noise and vibration isn't normal. It was late in the day so I have to go back another day to have it looked at again.

I am going to take a look at the motor mounts myself before I bring it back to the dealer. Do you guys think it's motor mount related?

I will try to take some pictures if I see anything suspicious and post them here.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
I went through this. They even had the shop foreman ride with me. He was an older guy and agreed with me on the rumble but at the end of the day, they came back saying it was all normal. :(

Living with it now. Have 31K on a 2007 and have warranty till 100K but noises are nolonger covered. One of the numerous reasons, I am unhappy with Hoduh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts