Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a set of 16" steel rims off of their lx? I want to remove my alloys for the winter. I thought maybe someone bought a set of alloys.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to buy some 02 alloys and tires in So. California, and ditch my steel rims. I will let you know if I have any luck.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Steel Wheels

I am also looking for a set of steel wheels for snow tires on my 02 LX. I saw an EX recently with snow tires on steel wheels and no hubcaps. You wouldn't believe how ugly it was. I suppose steel wheels and hubcaps cost as much as aluminum wheels. [email protected]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Close, but not quite...

I agree, steel rims with no wheel covers look REAL ugly!

However, steel rims cost about $40 CDN/rim plus another $50-60 for a set of 4 decent wheel covers ($120/cover if you buy the Honda LX covers). Total cost for 4 steel rims plus covers = $220 CDN plus all taxes.

The alloy rims cost $272/each for the EX and if you want the machined rims, you are looking at $341/rim (all prices in CDN...sorry I am too lazy to convert). Total cost = $1088 + tax.

So, 4 steel rims + covers cost about 1/4 the price of alloy rims. A worthy investment for winter driving. Hate to slide into a curb and crack an alloy rim!

-Kevin

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like that CN$40.00 ($US28?) price for steel. HandA in California quoted me $US47 so I assumed they would be around US$75 locally. I'll check locally but I'll be really surprised if they are less than $75.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think I paid $44/rim for steels when I had my GrandAm outfitted about 4 years ago. For a 16" steel it might cost more like $50-$60 CDN, which is still only ~$37 US. Steel is not expensive here in Ontario (hell, Canada can't find enough buyers of its steel). With the great exchange rate, you shoud take a trip North above the border before winter and get you van outfitted. Save you some $$$ I bet!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I just checked H and A, and it appears alloy wheels are US$134 or thereabouts. That is around $200 CDN, the last time I checked.

I guess H and A doesn't ship to Canada, though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, the prices I was quoting for alloy rims were from my local dealership. They have to make their $$$ so the cost is higher.

H and A doesn't ship. I have asked Trevor to ship at my expense but he refuses :confused:

-K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts