Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been wanting to get rid of the tiny 16 inch OEM wheels on my 2010 EX-L since day 1. I've had my eye on a set of white 19's with a red lip but after getting some quotes for tires I am heart broken.

19 inch rubber cost more than 20's...and for a set of 245/40/20 will run me 190/tire for Toyo's.

If I go with 245/55/18's, I could get BFG KDW T/A's for 90 bucks a piece.

After just having twins my wheel budget has taken a significant hit. My question is would 18's on an ODY look too small? even though stock is 16? should I even bother or just save the money for formula and diapers.

If anyone has any pics of their Ody's with 18's please post up. Would be a bonus if the pics were of a white ody.

Thanks!

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you have a lot of disposable income, buy what you want. If your pocket is already feeling the crunch, save your money to formula and diapers. Your 18,19,20 inch rims is nothing compared to your twins. Life is full of sacrifices. Being a parent with a baby or twins in your case is a lot of financial responsibility. Happiness is not limited to having nice rims or how your van looks from the outside.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Being a parent with a baby or twins in your case is a lot of financial responsibility. Happiness is not limited to having nice rims or how your van looks from the outside.
Now you tell us ...... :eek:;)

Along the same vein, I really want to swap my 16" OEMs to Touring 17" (18" even better, but fear pricey tires). Can anyone vouch for tangible, noticeable handling & ride improvements by plus-sizing their OEMs by just 1" ? I need a ..... "business case" to justify wheels change in addition to the improved aesthetics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts