Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden my speedo gauge stopped working. I thought that I can live with it as I drive slowly anyway. But a few days later the fuel gauge went all the way up and the temp gauge also went suddenly to high. The problem is intermittent, which means that some days I can drive for 5 minutes and only then the gauges go up. Other days I just start the car and the whole cluster goes crazy.

I know that I should look for a bad ground or a torn wire etc. but maybe this problem can be somehow isolated. I would hate to tear apart the gauge cluster only to find out that it's OK, then tear apart all the plastic panels around the steering wheel only to see nothing extraordinary.

Maybe someone had a similar experience and can give some info?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh damn, a bad ECU doesn't sound well. Another symptom I have is the left turn signal bulb constantly on (on tle cluster). The turn signal works well. Oh and the P,N, D4, D3 lights don't work. The D1, D2 and R bulbs work. The car drives normally.

I just can't imagine how a connection can get loose behind the cluster. The connectors have locking tabs, don't they? Anyway, I will risk tearing apart the dash in freezing temperatures, hoping to solve the problem and not break any of the stiff plastic parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved. It turns out that anything can happen when there are morons. Someone hasn't connected one of the main connectors and the cluster was going crazy. It is impossible that the connection got loose, so the problem was human stupidity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts