Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a 1996 Isuzu Oasis which needed some work. It vibrated while driving and shifting so we replaced all motor and trans mount to resolve vibration while driving. Now, it still vibrates at the wheel while idle and at a stop. We checked compression on clylinders and found cylinder 2 at 80 pounds of compression and 3 at 90 pounds. 1 and 4 at 110 since then we had the head machined and all parts replaced. It runs great but we still have vibration at wheel which is driving me crazy. Any suggestions or help please? Thanks :frown:

·
Registered
7 Posts
What is the idle speed? what is the compression after doing head machining? is the vibration only when under power or coasting as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vibration is only under power coasting is fine. When I start vechicle, while it idles and when I come to a stop under power it vibrates at wheel. I will have mechanic recheck compression and idle. Thanks. Also, we changed all plugs, rotor and cap I forgot to mention. Nelson M.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok everyone, my mechanic checked idle and it idles at 700 ?, compression per cylinders are 120 (great) ?, he cleaned injectors and ERG? it's a bit better but still vibrates under power (stop or idling). We replaced recently all motor mounts from ebay and he suspects rear mount is defective. He tested vacuum and its ok but he feel rear hydrolic mount may be bad? Any other Ideas? Thank again

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ok everyone, my mechanic checked idle and it idles at 700 ?, compression per cylinders are 120 (great) ?, he cleaned injectors and ERG? it's a bit better but still vibrates under power (stop or idling). We replaced recently all motor mounts from ebay and he suspects rear mount is defective. He tested vacuum and its ok but he feel rear hydrolic mount may be bad? Any other Ideas? Thank again
I had a similar problem. I just had the car idling and jammed a breaker bar against the front and side mounts to see if it stopped the vibrating. For me it was the driver side mount. There is a proper procedure and sequence for bolting the mounts in after replacing that (according to the FSM) if not followed could result in what you are experiencing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts