Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have not yet seen this van. The seller says it is in good shape and has 120000 miles on it.
He claims the Blue Book price is $4300 and he's asking 4000, which seems to be a lot more than some of you have paid--however this is a California van so at least rust should not be an issue.
Since I have no experience with these, I'd like to know what to look for when I go to see it.
Thanks,
Ray Mac

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'97 lx

Thanks for your reply. Glad to know there aren't any big issues to look for.
I checked the Blue Book and what he's asking is close to the private party price in good condition--but he also said he'd take the "closest offer".
We'll see.
Ray Mac

·
Registered
9 Posts
What to check.

First see if the Transmission lurches or shifts real hard.
Check to see if the cup holder comes falling out of the dash.
Pull the rear wheel well edges under the rubber rust promoters, look for rust.
Listen for clicking from the front axles when you turn the wheels.
Bargaining chips on the selling price. It sounds like a good deal good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1996 Oasis I am going to sell after much thinking. I have had it for a lot of years and it has just set here as a second car for way more days than it has been driven, consequently, it has 74000 original miles...no rust, great interior....a somewhat poor paint job...prior to that, door dings and paint gone on the top. I will be taking some pictures soon if anyone is interested. I am in Los Angeles. I too am asking 4000 though. 74,000 original miles is hard to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts