Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent update my status for a while, I had this van for almost 1.5 yrs and this is a very nice except it is burning a bit oil.....

I found a great deal on craigslist and the guy is parting out his 2002 accord with AT tranny for $600..

Accord engine only has 78000KM and my car has 198000km and it burns oil and needs new timing belt and water pump soon....

I am thinking maybe swaping this engine into my odyssey.

My dilemma is my ody transmission still shift pretty well, I don't know if I should replace that....and i remember ody engine has a bit more torque compare to accord engine.

And of course the complication of going through swap. I know all the potential electrical problems. I had done a swap on my accord with jdm h23a vtec engine and did a manual swap so i am really hesitate to do it again......

Can someone please give me some suggestion... thanks,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a great plan~~

The problem is the engine is still in the car.... Have to find a way to get it tow and remove the engine ....

I probably wont do the swap by myself this time...

Wife's car dont want to mess around with it. Gotta get the car done ASAP....Might as well do the timing belt while the engine is out of the car...

I will keep update this thread since most of 98 ody is pretty high mileage...

Anybody knows approx. cost for engine swap and how many hours to complete?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts