Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a problem with my 1999 odessey the tcs light and the check engine light came on and engine runs rough any suggestions

a
m

·
Registered
2 Posts
02 low beam probs

Recently i've had probs with my 02 Odyssey DRL light coming on and no low beams. Checked bulbs because of the loop effect, like some Christmas lights. One was not working, so that helped restore DRL and the warning light stopped being lit up. Still do not have the low beams. (Never did hear the squeel that some report). Replaced the relay behind the glove box but no change. Checked 4 fuses located in three different areas. Fuses fine and still no low beams. We've tried process of elimination and are at a dead end, so really hoping someone has the solution. I can get high beam lights if I hold the high beam lever toward me. Parking lights are fine and DRL have been restored as above. Haven't been driving much at night! Who can help us get out of the dark?

·
Registered
2 Posts
GEAR SHIFT LOCKS.Brake Pedal Jams

2004 HONDA ODYSSEY LX Automatic Transmission:
I want to share and discuss my Car problem with the ODY club members .I shall highly appreciate all feedback.

1-GEAR SHIFT LOCKS (No Gear Indicator Light/No Parking Light Appearing)
2-While Driving .The brake PEDAL Jams.Becomes hard like stone. The car shakes and vibrates and engine uses more power to move against jammed brakes.This resolves by pulling out the brake pedal switch but the All system related with Cruise Control becomes inactive.
I have read the CODE. It is 5.
On computer , It gives " PFINH Engine signal failure.
already spent more than 300 $ on diagnostics and troubleshooting but no use. the problem recure again and again. Now the problem # 1 is more severe. The Gear locks for hours and hours . I get late for office and family also suffers.A smile by heart and trust in God helps but how long???
Can anybody discuss and resolve my problem.I will be thankful for all the feed back.
Regards,
Dr.AQEEL F. DURRANI
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone help, dash lights turn off when head lights are on. I replaced all fuses and still doesn't work. I have a 2000 odyssey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
Help is needed. Honda Odyssey 2004 right-handed. Pinout PCM unit. K-line with OBD(7PIN) to call on the PCM E30 pin ???

·
Registered
91 Posts
My best knowledge is that all of you have similar problems, I say that GROUNDS are everything. That said, find each, clean, sand, apply dielectrical grease, and fasten firmly. When corrosion sets in, the computer cannot read or direct a code. GET BUSY!

Most important to say is that the battery main ground is to engine block. The battery connect to the vehicle body is the main source of CPU mis-controls.

Bills86e

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
My best knowledge is that all of you have similar problems, I say that GROUNDS are everything. That said, find each, clean, sand, apply dielectrical grease, and fasten firmly. When corrosion sets in, the computer cannot read or direct a code. GET BUSY!

Most important to say is that the battery main ground is to engine block. The battery connect to the vehicle body is the main source of CPU mis-controls.

Bills86e
On my '03, the neg bat terminal jumper goes to the frame that the radiator is mounted on. Then, from that same frame, only closer to the radiator is a bonding strap that goes from that frame to the engine.
That bonding wire has exposed copper wire showing and that is the recommended place to connect the neg cable clamp when getting a jump start. (further from the battery in case there is flammable gas there).
Yes, bad grounding connections cause many problem. In the main grounding ones, it is the 'bolt' (it's head and threads) , that holds the wire connector to the frame that makes the solid connection, at least from the factory.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well...... now we are back to....Wheres the 2002 ody wiring info?

I just need to know where the Relay that controls my EX LSD actuator. Its apparently stuck closed, so I need to find it! Any Help locating it?!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
32 Participants
Maria Linda
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing