Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I managed to get 182k before mine started to slip I probably could have nursed afew more miles out of it but 270k man that is amazing!!! What type of fluid were you using and how often did you change it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Caught a 'pastor' lying last Friday on his 1999 Odyssey. He put a new transmission in it at 119k and at 145k it is 'shuddering' into gear and downshifting with a "clunk grinnnnnnd" in parking lots. First he said he's never heard that, but then by the end of the conversation he was talking about how he's taken back to the transmission shop since it was 'fixed' and "it's gotten worse and worse". Had a friend call him to test and he didn't mention the issue to him under heavy questioning. Amazing grace under deception? :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Honda fluid and have changed it 4, maybe 5 times. I did intstall a cooler but I thinks its long life is mostly due to luck.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nothing wrong with luck, especially 'good' luck. Definitely a van worth holding on to. You've gotten every penny of your cost out of it.

I've decided to just skip anything 99-2006 Honda. It's already 2012 [somehow?] so won't be hard to skip that era.

Out of some weird kind of side-effect from looking at 2nd Gen Hondas for 6 weeks [or driving them for 9 years]...I took $1675 out of my 12k budget and bought a 1995 Buick Roadmaster in excellent condition. I hardly remember buying it. I just remember test driving it as a joke....then laying down my VISA. Now I can't stop driving it.....

...even now as I type, I want to be out there...burning fuel down the highway in my Roadmaster. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts