Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW TO THE SITE HERE AND FIGURED I WOULD POST MY ISSUES HERE TO SEE IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME OUT?? WELL, I'LL START OFF BY SAYING THIS VAN HAS BEEN GREAT TO US, BUT IAM NOW AT MY WITTS END!!. I JUST GOT DONE REPLACING THE CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS, STRUTS, SWAYBAR BUSHINGS AND LINKS, CALIPERS, ROTORS, AND PADS. AFTER FIXING ALL OF THAT, MY WIFE ASKED ME TO LOOK AND THE REAR WIPER, WHICH DID NOT WORK AND HAS NOT THE WHOLE TIME WE HAVE OWNED IT.... SO, I CHEKED THE FUSE AND THOUGHT IT WAS MISSING THE FUSE, BUT APON FURTHER INSPECTION, THE SPOT FOR THE FUSE DID NOT HAVE THE SMALL FEMALE COUPLERS ON THE BOARD TO ACCEPT THE FUSE. NEXT I PROCEEDED TO TAKE OUT THE FUSE BOX THE INSPECT A LITTLE FURTHER. I ENDED UP RIGGING SOME FITTINGS ON THE BOARD AND PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER.... COME TO FIND OUT, THE OUTLET THAT I RIGGED UP WAS NOT EVEN FOR THE RR WIPER, IT WAS FOR DAY LIGHTS!! THE VAN WAS NOT EQUIPPED WITH THEM TO BEGIN WITH!!! I PULLED THE FUSE OUT OF THE DAY LIGHT SOCKET AND NOW THE VAN WILL NOT SHIFT OUT OF PARK, NO TAIL LIGHTS,(BUT BRAKE LIGHTS WORK), NO INSTUMENT LIGHTS, CLOCK LIGHT FUSE BURNT, ELECTRIC LOCKS ONLY WORK WHEN RUNNING, CANNOT ROLL DOWN PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW FROM DRIVERS SIDE, AND THE AIR CONTROL SHUTS OFF WHEN YOU SHUT OFF THE VAN INSTEAD OF BLOWING WHEN YOU RESTART THE VAN. NO, I DID NOT PULL THE BATTERY CABLES BEFORE PULLING ALL OF THE PLUGS OUT OF THE FUSE BOX!! I AM SURE IT WAS A DUMB MOVE, BUT ITS DONE NOW. "CHECKED ALL FUSES AND REPLACED THE BRAKE SELONOID.... STILLNO GOOD!! ANY HELP GUYS??

THANKS!
JOSH:(:huh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you ever get this fixed? I have a similar problem with my 2005 odyssey. I was resetting the PSD by removing fuse #7 (7.5 ) but removed the wrong one and inserted back in. I cant believe this would cause so much problems as it is a fuse but now my cluster does not work,none of my windows work and I cant shift out of park.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Recheck the fuse you mistakenly removed to make sure it is good and it is properly seated.
BTW, what fuse was the one you mistakenly removed?
Which fuse panel were you working in? I believe it was the driver's side under dash fuse panel. Right?
Did you hear a snap,crackle or pop while you were doing that? Perhaps you shorted something out and blew a different fuse.
What others things or lights don't work? Do your brake lights work?
The things that don't work now should be a good clue to someone with the wiring diagram for your yr Ody.
What does work? Headlights, door locks or nothing? If nothing, check your battery post connections for corrosion and/or tightness. Perhaps your battery is bad.

Buffalo4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts