Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running into a strange problem with my 1999 Odyssey. On damp, colder days - or like after yesterdays snow storm - the van shuts off. A little annoying when you are driving. Yesterday was the worst..... shut down at least 6 times. Is there something that can be effected by moisture that would cause this. Today weather is good...... no problems... van working fine

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Your 1999 has a recall on the Ignition Switch and this may be your problem. Contact Honda Canada or your Honda dealer for more info. Your symptoms sound just like a failing ignition switch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dealer tells me that the ignition switch is not covered by the recall. I have been hearing the switch cost about 55$ (The part # is 35130-SX0-A01) and it is not a hard fix. Can anyone give instructions on how to change this switch? Last time I received instruction on how to change my alternator and was successful.... this can't be as hard

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
There's a thread on it here somewhere, gotta search for it. I could get my van to shut off by wiggling the key. No more issues since replacing the ignition switch. It's not too hard to replace.

·
Registered
44 Posts
when you replaced your switch, did you have to reset the keys? I replaced my switch (just the electric part, not the keyed part) but now I can't get the van to start--it just turns over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts