Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power sliding door won't open manually or automatically. With the switch on the dash board to on position used the remote to open the door won't open. I pull the outside handle I can't hear the motor move the door and the door won't open. I hit the open switch from the left dashboard I could hear the motor turn, then I hear a click and a buzzer the door still won't open. I try to open the door from the inside door handle the door won't open.
I tried all this while the door is unlock. I turned off the switch from the dashboard door won't open from inside and outside handle. I took out fuse #13 still no luck. Took the battery cable no luck. I had the body shop check it out. He took the door panel off and checked inside the door he told me motor is fine and he didn't see anything broken. That day he had the door working. Just pulling the door handle outside or inside opens the door. It won't open the door from the dashboard. I asked him what he did. He told me he had to adjust the u shape latch on the door. Took it home the next day the door was stuck again. The person at the body shop who helped me didn't charge me which is very much appreciated. After he took it apart and I thought he figured out the problem , I'm back to square one with a stuck door. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The power sliding door won't open manually or automatically. With the switch on the dash board to on position used the remote to open the door won't open. I pull the outside handle I can't hear the motor move the door and the door won't open. I hit the open switch from the left dashboard I could hear the motor turn, then I hear a click and a buzzer the door still won't open. I try to open the door from the inside door handle the door won't open.
I tried all this while the door is unlock. I turned off the switch from the dashboard door won't open from inside and outside handle. I took out fuse #13 still no luck. Took the battery cable no luck. I had the body shop check it out. He took the door panel off and checked inside the door he told me motor is fine and he didn't see anything broken. That day he had the door working. Just pulling the door handle outside or inside opens the door. It won't open the door from the dashboard. I asked him what he did. He told me he had to adjust the u shape latch on the door. Took it home the next day the door was stuck again. The person at the body shop who helped me didn't charge me which is very much appreciated. After he took it apart and I thought he figured out the problem , I'm back to square one with a stuck door. Thanks for your help in advance.
Did you ever get a fix for this? I’m having the same problem on 2010 Ody. The door is literally stuck closed. And it’s not the child safety switch. The door started acting up like the motor was going bad & it wouldn’t shut. We weren’t home & needed to drive so my husband slammed it shut manually. Ever since then it won’t open. It will open about half an inch on theback end of the door, but it acts like the latch is stuck & won‘t disengage. Mechanic friend said they won’t even touch it - when they see that problem they send people straight to Honda dealership & it costs $2000 to fix. I’m not putting $2000 into a 10 year old vehicle just to fix a door. Anyone have any experience with this or how to get it open??

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Almost sounds like it's not the latch, rather the center rollers have disintegrated and need to be repaired/replaced. With the door partly open, could try one hand on the back end trying to pull out and guide it and with the other hand on the handle trying to pull open. If the rollers aren't working the power unit has problems but you might be able to operate manually. (Just like you were able to manually slam it shut!)
Lots of info to repair/replace the center roller, especially in the 2nd Generation 99-04 section. Had to repair the rollers on my '99, '02 and my brother's '07. Oh, just noticed your posting to this old thread about your '10- 3rd Generation section. Same method, different parts. $5 to repair the rollers, around $30 to replace the roller assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.