Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Odyssey world,

This is my first post.

I have a 1999 Odyssey EX. It has 162k miles and has basically been bullet proof. We have noticed an intermittent problem lately. It's been really hot outside and about 1 month ago the van stopped running while my wife was trying to get on the interstate. The green key light came on and she pulled over, parked it and started it right up and ran without any problems. Then yesterday (a month later) it happened again. It cut off while going down the road. What could this be? Has anyone had similar issues? EGR valve, distributor, ignition switch etc. The mechanic said that being so intermittent, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what it may be.

Thanks in advance, Joey

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
There's an ignition switch recall which probably affects you.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
This is safety recall and there is no mileage limitation and entire cost is paid by Honda. Get it done now before you stall on the highway with a 18-wheeler roaring down on you from behind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ignitition Recall Service already done

I just called the dealer and the ignintion recall has already been done for this van. Now what?

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Ask dealer to replace again ASAP. Go to different dealer or call Honda America and politely plead your case to have it "authorized" at the dealer level.

As one member has stated on the past: "I just had the same issue on my '99 Ody. Glad this forum is here. I checked the part at my local dealerships, and even talked to the Service Dept to see if my vehicle had the recall done previously. They said it had, and despite having 158K miles, they honored it, and said they will replace the ignition switch multiple times with no charge. Much better than paying $62 for the part, and doing the work myself. Ended up getting an oil change at the same time, and that was cheaper than the quick oil change places.

Guess it pays to check with the dealer. They were great(not even the dealer I bought the van from), and he agreed with me that these vehicles are built to last a long time."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts