Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1999 Odyssey DRL Problem

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bobburrus 
#1 ·
I have read quite a few posts here about the possible fixes for the DRL module however my problem is slightly different although my mechanic suggests replace the module anyways. About a year ago the drl light came on on dash and the DRL's stopped working. No biggy however about a month ago I noticed my high beam pass side was only working now on low beam. Other side works fine. Tried 3 new bulbs so it was not the bulb. I guess my question is, can the drl module affect the way my hi-low switch works causing my hi-beam to cut out on one side?

#2 ·
#3 ·
Semi solved update

I Pulled the DRL module out from behind the glove compartment and did notice about 4 solder spots that were brown. I re-soldered the joints ( no new solder added) and installed back in van. Amazing enough, both my hi-beams now work. Still no daytime running lights and the indicator DRL is still on on the dash but who really cares. If I want lights in the daytime, I will just turn them on. Got a quote for a new module and it was $118.00 from the Honda dealer and an hour to install. Took me 20 minutes and I had no idea what I was doing. Toughest part was getting the glove box re-attached. Maybe I should pull it apart and try re-soldering all the contacts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.