Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our van has a weird problem. The front side passenger door can't be locked. It seems that something is jammed. Power lock/unlock doesn't work. When I try to push down the locking tab, it feels that something is blocking it and I can't push it down. I removed the door panel, but the lock assembly couldn't be accessed just by doing that.

This just happened yesterday and I wonder what's wrong with it. Is it the actuator or a bad lock assembly? Please help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your suggestion! If it were the lock actuator, I'd think that it should only affect the power lock. The manual tab should still work. In my case, I can't even push the tab down. I tried to find out how the lock mechanism works, but couldn't find any material that explains it clearly.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Some reference material to get you started. I personally was able to disassemble the panel and remove the actuator but I had to cave in and let the dealer install the new one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot! This will give me something to start with. I think I'll remove the actuator and run some test with it to see if it's broken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information provided and the document written by andyf80! The problem was in fact the actuator. It's apparently stuck, and was blocking the locking mechanism. I removed it for now, and will be replacing it once my order arrives.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Let me know how the install of the actuator was as I was not able to do it. I think I was supposed to remove the outside door handle for easier access.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts