Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for our Odyssey, but I have spent alot of time at this site and I was impressed by all of the Zaino enthusiasts. While waiting, I ordered the Z1,2,5,6, Clay Bar and Car wash. I thought I would try it on my current car 1996 Maxima SE, Almost Black (DARK grey/charcoal).

1st of all, while I love my Maxima, now that it is 6 years old, I don't care for it like I should. I usually run it through the local cheap car wash. I hadn't been washed for 3 months and was caked in grime and bird droppings.

I first scrubbed the car with liquid joy and water as recommeneded. Then I want to claying. At first I was skeptical. The clay bar looks like a small soap bar you might see at hotels and it is like hardened play doe. But let me tell you it was amazing. You could FEEL the paint smoothing out and I could easily see the stuff the clay was pulling out of the paint. While it is a lot of work it is the most inovative product I have ever seen for car care!

After that I used the Z1 pre-lok. It didn't look like much, but you keep it on for the Z2. The Z2 went on very easily, but it took a long time to dry! I was expecting this with the temp in the mid 50s, and it took overnight to dry. I buffed off the Z2 the next day. The car looked ok, but not spectacular.

But next I applied the Z5. It didn't take as long to dry, and boy it was amazing! The paint absolutely sparkled. There were spots that looked like water marks (but weren't) that totally disappeared! The car hadn't looked like that since the day I bought it! Now I believe what everyone says - you need more than one coat to really see what this stuff can do. After all this, the paint was sooo smooooth - not a blemish.

The car looks amazing - this for a car that for 6 years has never been garaged and for the last 3 years has been sporadically polished. My car was so dirty before I started taht you would be hard pressed to say it was the same car.

Pluses: Very little powdery residue after buffing (not like Zymol or McGuire's which leaves a ton everywhere), incredible shine and smoothness. The clay bars, while alot of work, are amazing!!!

Neg: Costs alot ($84 dollars first shiipment), but I guess you get what you pay for.

Bottom line: Worth it.

Question: how long will it last (I can't spend an entire weekend like this all the time!!).

Kudos to all of you for bringing to my attention this product.

------------------
Awaiting 2002 GG EX-L with RES

·
Registered
45 Posts
Like you, I have a '96 Maxima SE (for now) and did Zaino so we can sell it. Even when it's dirty it looks good and water beads. I haven't listed it for sale yet, but I'm sure I'll get a good response, if I can keep it clean (black).

Haven't done it on the Odyssey yet. That will be an all-day project, I'm afraid!

------------------
timbuk2002
02 GG EX
96 Maxima SE (for sale soon)
87 Supra Turbo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts