Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a used or new (if reasonably priced) a/c pressure plate and pulley for a 2000 honda odyssey?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Junk yard or maybe E-bay. They have rebuilt compressor assemblies at reasonable prices on E-bay. You can buy some of the parts on Honda sites like Bernardi Honda or Majestic Honda but you can get a rebuilt cheaper. Why do you need those 2 parts? I can't see them going bad but have seen a bearing go bad on my truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually only need the pulley. The bearing in mine is making a bit of noise and you can see some material on the outside of the pressure plate. Are there places that can change out the bearing? everything else is ok. It still engages the compressor when you call for AC.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You might be money ahead with a replacement compressor. Yes, the parts you need might not be that much, but the labor for a shop to swap individual parts over and do it well will probably run you more than if you just bought a whole compressor.

Whichever way the system would have to be evacuated of refrigerant and the compressor removed from the car. For a shop to just swap compressors should be pretty reasonable labor wise.

Dale

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I replaced the bearing and only the bearing on the Sanden compressor on my Jeep. It wasn't really hard to replace and I did not have to remove the hoses from the compressor so no evac/re-charge. Grab the info off the compressor and see what you can find via Google. If you are handy and can have the car off the road for a few days then you could remove the bearing and measure it, someone's gotta have one that fits.

FYI, if it's making noise it won't last much longer. Mine was so bad after 2 days of noise that I could not spin the pulley by hand. I feel lucky the belt didn't break.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan to change it my self. Maybe I'll pull the pulley off and take it to a shop to see if I can get a new bearing for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts