Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a used 2000 EX from local Honda dealer, 28k miles, sky-high price, they got us in a weak moment (or, the vehicle sold itself)

Several items missing from vehicle -- like, no owner's manual (dealer had to order one, gave it to us free); hitch had been removed at dealership after they took possession of vehicle (we twisted their arms into installing a hitch, free); only one key (got them to make us another, no charge),
AND
no keyless entry system. Really! No sender unit(s) to go along with the one key we first had, and when I looked under the dash (with the instruction pages on how to install, thanks to the h-and-a site) -- none of the parts were to be seen.

Maybe that's where some of the e-bay units come from -- instead of actually cleaning the vehicle when they get it in, the detailers strip out parts and pieces to resell!

I will be talking to the dealer about the definition of "as-is". Was I supposed to buy a shop manual before signing on the dotted line, so that I could check to see which standard features had been removed from the vehicle??

Anyone else had an experience like this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
The EX keyless entry is built in at the factory, so the components aren't the same as the LX one. I coudn't find the shop manual for the Odyssey to determine their exact location, but I wouldn't think that someone would remove those components so they should be able to just program a new remote to the van (not a bad idea since programming the new one would erase the old ones from its system).

-Trevor

·
Registered
354 Posts
Keyless entry receiver is on right side behind the glove box. I think the dealer lost the extra key and fobs. They usually give them to you separately. There should be 3 keys. One is a valet key with a grey head instead of black.

Doesn't sound like a very competent dealership.

·
Registered
368 Posts
YOu should be able to pick up a keyless entry remote on ebay for around $25.00

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, everyone, for the info on the whereabouts of the remote receiver in the EX.

It's going in to the dealer for a new tranny this week. I'll see about leaning on them for two remote senders while it's in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vehicle got its new transmision on Tuesday.

"Assistant ServiceManager" (that's his title on the business card) dutifully typed in the request for remotes and said he would have to talk to the manager about it.

It must have been really high on his mental checklist because he didn't think to ask about it until later in the day, when the general manager was out.

he did call back the next day. Somewhat paraphrased, the answer was "If you had purchased the car fom us new, we would have included the remotes, but since you bought it used, we won't give you any."

Just in case anyone living north of Seattle is reading, the dealership in question has a name which would mean "small" in German. Sort of like their minds.

E-bay, here we come!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts