Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2000 honda odyssey right front turn bulb change

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Oldgringo65 
#1 ·
Hi I am trying to find out the best way to change the right front turn signal bulb on my 2000 honda odyssey. And info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jred Oh my passenger side window suddenly quit working also fuse is fine where do I here?

#2 ·
You need to pull down the front portion of the inner fender liner. Google is a great help here:

As for your power window without some electrical troubleshooting it's going to be near impossible to know what's wrong. Could be a bad switch, bad motor, or broken wiring somewhere in between.

#4 ·
With the passenger window- check the master switch on the driver's door. Make sure it hasn't been accidentally switched off!

#5 ·
While I'm at it I may as well ask. My ac is not cold in the front, but if I turn on the back then they both start working but they still don't get very cold it is better when traveling but not much. I checked the hot cold valve ant the firewall and it seems to be fine is there a way I can check the Freon level. And Is there another problem u think it might have.

#8 ·
For the window, most likely if the window won't work from either switch, and the master switch is turned on on the driver's window switch, then either the passenger window switch is bad or the motor is bad, or the wiring in between.

I'd start at the passenger side window switch. You can remove the screw in the bottom of the door pull in the armrest. Then pop up the entire plastic assembly with the door pull and the window switch.

There should be a 6-pin connector plugged into the switch. Wires should be as follows:

Pin 1: Blue/Yellow stripe (+12v up signal from MICU)
Pin 3: Blue (+12v down signal from MICU)
Pin 5: Blue/black stripe (+12v power from fuse #8 (20A) from passengers under dash fuse box)
Pin 2: Blue/Yellow stripe (to window motor)
Pin 4: White/red stripe (Ground when the main switch on driver's side switch is turned on to allow all windows to work)
Pin 6: Blue/white stripe (to window motor)

Turn the ignition key to ON. Connect black lead of meter to a known good ground. A test light actually works better to simulate some load on the circuits.
1. Check for 12v on pin 5. If no power, check fuse #8 in passenger under dash fuse box
2. Check for 12v on pin 3 when driver's side window switch for the passenger window is selected DOWN.
3 Check for 12v on pin 1 when driver's side window switch for the passenger window is selected UP.
4. Check for a good ground on pin 4 any time the master switch is turned on on the driver's window switch.
If no power on either of the above in steps 2 & 3 then likely the issue is in the master (driver's side) window switch. If no ground in step 4 then could be a bad master switch or wiring between passenger door and master switch. If these check out normal then:

5. Check for 12v on pin 2 when either driver's side or passenger side switch is selected UP
6. Check for 12v on pin 6 when either driver's side or passenger side switch is selected DOWN.
If steps 1,2 &3 check out good and steps 4 and/or 5 fail then you need a new passenger switch.

If all of that checks out normal then you need a window motor. You'll want to check the wiring at the motor to make sure the 12v is making it to the window motor to rule out wiring between the switch and the motor.

#11 ·

#14 ·
Quite alright. Other idiots have found that this switch had caused passenger window to stop operating from both the driver and passenger control. So on to troubleshooting with John's expert info. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.