Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back a couple of weeks ago from our first long trip in the Oddy. Southeast Texas to Colorado Springs and back. It did GREAT! Overall mileage average for the trip was 22mpg, definately not shabby at all considering the mountainous terrain that we were in much of the time. At some point on the trip, however, I found that the gear selector lever was not being released when I hit the brake - when I started paying attention, I noted that I did not hear it being unlocked. Now we generally have to sit and tap the brakes several times until it will allow us to shift out of park. Does anybody know where to start looking for the part to replace? I know how it operates, but not the name, or where it would be located on this particular vehicle.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I believe there is a slot on top of the steering column to put your key in and shift out of park manually. Maybe the shift lock solenoid is in the steering column by the ****er.

Could be caused by your brake switch going out or if it works intermittently, maybe it is trying to operate but is getting jamed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It IS the brake switch. About $10.00 at the dealer. Search part no. in some of the old threads. 5 Minute swap out, hardest part is to wedge your head down by the pedals. Easy Fix. Did mine about 2 weeks ago. No tools needed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts