Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! Newbie here... first thread... also not english native, so, sorry if i have any grammal error... lol
Here´s the deal... i´m brazilian livin´in Japan for a LONG time... and love cars! My last buy was this lovely 2000 honda "LAGREAT"...
Last month i was looking in the NET for mods for my car, so i've found the grill... basically, it's a odyssey outside frame, with an 2004 JDM accord inside grill (i don't know if is the same USDM)...
I'll post the pictures so you guys will have the idea... it's not finished yet, the worse part, is sand the putty... lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IMAG0144.jpg
Had to cut the inside grill part... and cut the accord inside grill part, so is the outside ody grill, with inside accord grill... since accord grill is smaller, i had to complete the missing part with plastic pieces cutted from the ody grill... by the picture you'll know what i'm talking about... by the way... the accord is the CL7 (for internet serch)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMAG0140.jpg
Here are the 2 grills... (forgot to posted 1st... my bad)
IMAG0147.jpg
And this is the thing... i had to fix the missing part with glue... i've used quick dry glue but it's not too strong, so, i had to fix it with body putty... the problem is that it will be a LOT of putty, so, i'm sanding it for two weeks:mad:... (don't even try to use heavy tools for sanding... because it will broke... had the experience... only dremmel tool can be used... but quite hard to use)

There is... when i finish, i'll post new pics!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys! Finally finished... Just worried about car wash machine... :rollingeyes: Anyway...
IMAG0157.jpg
After apply primer...
IMAG0161.jpg
I chose Gunmetal for grill color...
IMAG0163.jpg
Since the car came with a little "bump" in the hood, the (outer? finisher? frame? i don't have idea how it calls) grill was also damaged, so, i painted with silver...
IMAG0164.jpg IMAG0165.jpg IMAG0166.jpg
And... Voilá!!! Here's my DIY work, or how it say in Japanese, my "kakou"... Hope to give ideas for you!
Any other DIY ideas, i'm listening!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts