Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below notes from a call w/ repair shop. Please share opinion as to urgency & recommend repair shop in ATLANTA..most appreciated!

Parts and labor quote below:

1. Turn rotor and replace pads $245; can do pads without turning rotors
2. Transmission $2,750
3. Cataytic converter $1,051 need to do before September only
4. Left door contact $201, only if want auto open/close and lock/unlock
5. right motor mount $161 -- this we could leave the way it is
6. front motor mount $234 (save $44 if do transmission)
7. two rear trans mounts $155 (save one is 40 and one is 20...do these if do transmission since they come off anyway)
8. rear motor mount $362 (save 132 if do it with the transmission)
9. 105k service $265 oil, filter, trans fluid change tune, up radiator, brakes, lights
10. timing belt, drive belt, water pump and front engine cam and crank shaft seal $715 (every 6 years or every 105k miles)

·
Registered
731 Posts
OMG that's nearly $6K of work! How much is the van worth as is? And did you own it since new?

I'd just ditch it and buy a newer generation van for that amount of repair work.

·
Administrator
14,221 Posts
djmdx2 said:
OMG that's nearly $6K of work! How much is the van worth as is? And did you own it since new?

I'd just ditch it and buy a newer generation van for that amount of repair work.
+1.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2000 Ody

Not sure what it is worth, but had same thought. Although the $4300 of work that is essential (after a few quotes to independents who have dealer shop experience) make buying a new one, even and '06 or '07 a much more expensive proposition. At the moment, we are waiting for dealer to tell us if Honda will cover part of the tranny since it is the second one in 9 years. I they don't cover it, we will have to cover it. Ouch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.