Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Ody, we only put about 8-9k miles on it a year. For me to pay top dollar for Michelin or similar would not be that good of an idea. The Ody has about 195k miles on it and I don't expect to keep it 2-3 more years. So I started looking for options and came across a Cooper tire at Sears.

Cooper Response Touring - P215/65R16 98T BSW

They are $84 each. Based on our driving habits, I need to get about 30k miles out of these. All installed would be under $400 vs $600ish for Michelin or similar. I saw one review of an Ody owner saying he got about 30k miles out of them.

If I can get another 2-3 years out of the Ody (tranny mainly) then these will work out and I can then move on to another vehicle.

Has anyone used these? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess nobody has tried these tires..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am leaning towards the Michelin Destiny now after seeing very good reviews when installed on an Ody.. Can get a discount via someone I know at Discount Tire + the Michelin $70 main-in rebate should put me around $520-530 installed. So about $125 more than the el cheapo options I was looking at.

Costco has the Symmetry for about $490 out the door after instant $70 rebate.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I havent tried the cooper tires but I think I had the destiny tires on my ody previously. They were ok except for wet traction which I thought wasn't great. It was way too easy break traction accelerating from a stop light.

If you are not driving it too often it might not bother you. I ended up buying Goodyear assurance comfor-tred the grand touring model but I'm pretty sure they are more expensive. Wet traction is better and they seem pretty quiet. I bought these based on the reviews from tirerack.com website.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ya the reviews for the Michelin are pretty good.

I didn't realize that the 2000 Odysseys have a slightly different tire, 215/65-16 vs. 225/60-16 on my 2003.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The previous owner of my Ody put on 225/60-16 Symmetrys. I am going back to stock sizes 215/65-16. We bought it in 07 or 08 and have put 30k'ish miles on it since then.

The Discount Tire price I was quoted for the Destiny set was ok, nothing to jump up and down about at $565 installed after rebate (they are giving as an instant) vs $490 for Symmetry at Costco.

I am thinking the Symmetry might be the better option here for price and actual need. The OE Symmetrys were not known for being good tires, the after market ones seem to have been better.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up doing hte Costco special on the Symmetrys, should be installed early next week as they were not in stock at the time that I ordered. $490 out the door sounds good to me :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just had the 215/65/16 Symmetrys installed. They ride nice, glad I decided on them. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts