Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to sell my 2000 Odyssey. Needs new tranny, but everything else is good. $300K. What should I be looking to get for it? I'm in Toronto, Canada.

thanks

·
Registered
2011 Odyssey LX, 120k miles
1,831 Posts
I'm looking to sell my 2000 Odyssey. Needs new tranny, but everything else is good. $300K. What should I be looking to get for it? I'm in Toronto, Canada.

thanks
I know these are great cars, but $300k is too much.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Can you answer this: I got a 2000 with a good tranny+engine but a bad everything else, what should I get? :)

Prices are so subjective, especially a major fixer-upper, it all depends on if you find the right buyer.
I assume it has 300K KM? Miles? That's alot either way. What will the junkyard give you? If your lucky $1000 over that. Have you concidered donating it? You may get to write-off some taxes.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It's going to cost between $3K - $5K to get your transmission replaced. And somebody is going to have to pay for a tow (or is it still driveable?) just to take it away. So it's not worth much.

Your best hope is to find somebody who does their own mechanical work who also has access to an inexpensive used or rebuilt transmission - it may be of some interest to that person. But how many people are there out there like this?

I'd start out at $1K and go down from there. Scrap value is probably in the $300-500 range. YMMV

·
Registered
305 Posts
There's a guy here in Minneapolis who advertises on Craigslist that he'll pay $1,500 for an Odyssey with a bad transmission.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Yours is likely a quite rusty by now at 300km and in TO. Take $1000 and run. One year ago I bought my rust free, accident free 2000 EX with toasted tranny for $2K. Has all records from new, 240km and runs great. Spent $2500 for rebuilt trans and new front and rear mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts