Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My name is Ron and this is my first post here. My wife drives a 2000 Odyssey with 205,000 miles...I just cant get her to part with it.

My problem is she complained that there is a clunking in the right rear and the van sways on curves. I pulled the rear tire and found the top shock mount is broken. It appears the frame has a piece welded on with a hole that the top of the shock bolts through. The hole itself is half gone(broke off).
I have not been able to find a diagram or a purchasable part to fix this online or at local stores. The dealership stated it was a one piece cross member and the part sells for approx. $350.00...plus installation.

has anyone encountered this before? I am having a cert. welder look at tomorrow morning and hopefully a piece can safely be welded on and drilled to mount the shock to.

Any ideas, suggestions, or past related problem?
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I'd find out about the welding part too but if it's the crossmember p/n 50300-S0X-A01 then you can get it for allot less online. Just Google using that number and see if it looks right.

Wonder why Adewale posted on your post.... :huh:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Wonder why Adewale posted on your post.... :huh:[/QUOTE said:
Nigerian Spammer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts