Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, first time posting here. I have a 2000 odyssey ex with 145,000. My wife been driving the van daily with no issues till last week that the check engine light came on. I scaned it and came out with code p1738 2nd clutch pressure switch, the van been shifting great and smooth with no issues on any gear. should i do a transmission flush and should buy the switch also? any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
An ATF drain and fill with Honda ATF is recommended at least every 30K miles or sooner. Search on "P1738" for more info on checking the 2nd gear pressure switch and its circuit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was reading a post about someone cleaning the tubes and A B and C solenoid and the screens, there is a thread that tells you how to do it step by step, cause I dont have any clue were are they. thank you for the help

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Just keep reading that thread "Root Cause of Transmission Failures" (I know it is a long one) and you should get all the info you need. If you need photos of the location of the switches/solenoids - again use the search for "location of pressure switches" or similar...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts