Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Odyssey is cranking, but will not start. My mechanic started by checking to see if there was ignition in the spark plugs before proceeding. It was learned that none of the spark plugs have ignition. After using a scanner the Crank Shaft and Cam Shaft sensors did not send out a faulty code. There is an EGR code 0401 even though it was just replaced. There is also a Catalytic Converter code 0401. WHAT could cause an ignition failure in all the Spark Plugs? Oh, on 2/10/12 I had the fuel system cleaned at a local shop which used a Motor Vac machine to clean out the injectors. The following day on 2/11/12 my car took a vacation and did not START! Could the cleaning be related to the lack of ignition?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Check the ignition coil fuse in the Driver's Under-dash Fuse/Relay Box. Try the other key. Is the green immobilizer indicator flashing as you crank the ignition? Try these for starters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ignition coil fuse is not blown out. Both keys are not working with the van. The green immobilizer light is not flashing when the ignition is cranked. Any other suggestions from anyone. HELP.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Check the iginition switch and the main fuel relay. Also check the connections to the PCM. Perhaps a loose connection under the hood after the recent service?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2000 Honda Odyssey is up and running once again like a beauty! In the end the problem causing no ignition to the spark plugs was a faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor. After the CPS along with the Camshaft Position Sensor were replaced my 2000 Odyssey started up right away after 10 days of frustration. One Ignition Coil was changed along with the Spark Plugs for good measure.

This after having the tranny rebuilt, the rear main seal, camshaft and crankshaft seals, valve gasket cover seal, and intake manifold seals replaced after the enging was taken out for the job a month ealier. Hopefully my Odyssey will hold up now for another few years...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts