Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I hit a small bump, or make a sharp turn, the "open-door" alarm on my Ody comes on, that is, the alarm when driving with one of the doors open. I turn it off by pushing the dashboard button that closes the door, until the next bump or two. Is there an adjustment I can make to "tighten" the door so it doesn't get a-jarred easily?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I imagine that your door is not closed all the way. There is a motor that pulls your door closed after the other motor slides it shut. try spraying white lithium grease into the door catch and it may help. to properly fix it, I had to take the motor out, and clean all parts with wd 40, then lube them with white lithium. It is not as hard as it may sound, I can give you directions if you want.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I fixed mine by cleaning the contacts on the door and frame. They are all the little "fingers" that stick out.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Use pencil eraser. I keep few pencils with good erasure in the van. Any oddity in door behavior and that is the first thing which is attempted along with closing it by the door on the dash. If this does not fix it, I then use alcohol to clean the contacts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts