Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Gals,
Ive searched the forum to answer my questions but I cannot find what I am looking for.
I have a low mileage (for the year) honda odyssey. 2000 with 98,000 miles. Recently the "Maint Req'd" light started blinking. Then it stayed on. The van did not come with its owners manual so I don't have anything to tell me what maintenance needs to be done. Can anyone tell me what the scheduled maintenance is at my mileage? Can you also tell me how to reset the light? I need to get everything fixed by next weekend I am going on vacation. Thanks for any help.:)

·
Administrator
14,523 Posts
The maintenance required light starts blinking every 6500 miles and stays on at 7500 miles after a reset. Its an oil change indicator and you need an oil change done. If you recently got one done, they forgot to reset it and you need to reset the light.

The procedure is in the owner's manual and you can find an electronic version of the manuals in the stickies uptop.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
To turn off the maintenance required light, hold down the black knob in the instrument panel to reset the odometer while turning the key to the first position before starting. Hold the button for 10 seconds until it turns off.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Here is a copy of the Canadian version of your 2000 Odyssey Maintenance Schedule. You will need to convert the KMs to Miles though...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts