Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at past threads.

I have a 2000 with 165,000 I picked it up last year with 149,000. Around 135,000 the tranny fluid was changed according to the partial records I received. I new the previous original owner, never had a tranny problem with it.

Mostly when I'm starting off in the morning after a two minute warm up, going up a very slight hill, I'll get a clunk or partial slip before engaging into second gear. (also usually about a 1-2sec delay before first gear is fully engaged) Usually once warmed up it's barley noticeable. All other shifts seems ok, except for a slight hesitation in D when I need to romp on it if I need to get out of a situation quick (usually don't put myself in those).

Thanks for any advice. I thinking another transmission oil change, but a bit hesitant since it was relatively recently done.

Andy

·
Registered
26 Posts
To each his/hers own, but I've flushed the trans on my '00 every 15K for the first 90K, and every 10K ever since.

I'm at 152K right now with no signs of serious transmission problems.

If I were you, I'd flush it...

My $0.02 only...

Good luck.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
...I've flushed the trans on my '00 every 15K for the first 90K, and every 10K ever since.

I'm at 152K right now with no signs of serious transmission problems.

If I were you, I'd flush it.....
Do you mean flush, or did you perform a drain/refill of the ATF at each of those times?

OF

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Apologies for lack of clarity and precision on my end.

Drain and refill (with fresh fluid) would be accurate.
Sir, your vocabulary is truly outstanding. :cool:

BTW, I pretty much have done the same with my our Odys regarding drain/refill regimen. Results, like yours, have thus far been satisfactory.

I switched to AmSOil synthetic ATF; this got rid of the annoying cold weather "clunk" when shifting into reverse after engine start.

Regarding the 2-3 delayed engagement of the OP: this sounds like not enough fluid pressure, possibly due to clogged screens. Just a guess, but an educated guess. herrhaus (once of our forum members) has a thread out there with a link to an excellent .pdf document that illustrates how to service these. I think theojo (another forum member) also did the same, with good results, too.

OF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts