Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GoodMorning community!
Well I have a 01 Odyssey & here's the scanner codes I get. (P1259, P0135 & P1739)
The dash has the TCS light always on, the check engine light is on & the Maintenance Required light is on.
The van has 175,000 miles & I'm located here in NJ.
Im not sure in what gear this happens in but while going up hill, the RPMs wouldn't go past 3,000.
Besides that it's not bad. Just need to get these lights off & codes taken care of.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'll let others answer your codes.
Maintenance Required is a reminder to change your oil based on the mileage since it was reset. Even my '80 Accord had it! You reset it by holding the Trip/Odo button in, turn the key on and wait for the light to turn off in about 10 seconds.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The main worry would be the transmission code P1739. You should work on this first before the other 2. You can change the pressure switch for a temporary solution but it maybe the beginning of the end. There is no test you can perform on this switch however. You should also do several drain and fill ATF changes. Inspect your drain pan for particles/contaminants. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the best ATF to buy to do a few drain & refills? I know Honda has their brand or type but what else is suitable if anything else? Also how much is needed?
I'll look for the pressure switch also, I saw a few on Ebay for like $15 shipped

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
A lot of 2nd gen owners use Valvoline MaxLife, about $20 for a gallon jug. Some go with Amsoil. I think it's just over 3 quarts. Measure what comes out and put the same amount back in. After a drain and fill, drive about 100 miles before the next. (You could do the next d&f next weekend)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ATF is the red jug that's Full Synthetic correct? Just want to make sure I get the correct stuff. I'll do the D&F Monday hopefully & order that press switch.
The Maintenance Required light is off, thank you for that tip. I forgot about that, lol
2 more lights to go & hopefully it's good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Yes. It also lists being compatible with Honda.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With that P0135 code, I did buy 2 new O2 sensors so I'll change them both out.
They both are connected to sensor spacers. Should I keep the sensor spacers when I put the new ones on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
With that P0135 code, I did buy 2 new O2 sensors so I'll change them both out.
They both are connected to sensor spacers. Should I keep the sensor spacers when I put the new ones on?
P0135 can also indicate a defective coolant temperature sensor, low coolant, bad thermostat, or bad catalytic convertor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts