Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While investigation potential solutions for my recurring P0420, low catalyst efficiency CEL code, I came across the following:

Thoughts? Anyone ever try this?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm a bit skeptical about that, but may be worth a try. We repalced the cat in our '01. I ordered OEM one off internet and had a friend help me put it in. I think I paid about $700 for it. I did get $120 for the old one as scrap value. No wonder people steal them!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a bit skeptical about that, but may be worth a try. We repalced the cat in our '01. I ordered OEM one off internet and had a friend help me put it in. I think I paid about $700 for it. I did get $120 for the old one as scrap value. No wonder people steal them!
Did you have the P0420 code problem? If so, did it solve it?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Replacing the cat with an OEM better solve it!

Scotty is very talented and trustworthy (and EricTheCarGuy and Richpin06 and RealFixesRealFast :). I wish I had known this seven years ago. I would have tried his method of dumping the lacquer thinner in the gas tank. I am somewhat indiscriminate when it comes putting various snake oil in my gas tank. I am more particular about using engine oil additives. Call me irrational if you want.

- Vikas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts