Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2001 Honda Odyssey Randomly Dies While Driving PLEASE HELP

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  kawligawbarnes5885 
#1 ·
OK So My Wife And I Have A 2001 Honda Odyssey, Now The Problems Started Happening Every Now And then When We Would Go To Start The Van And The Immobilizer Light Wouldn't Turn On/Flash When I Turned The Key Before starting It, So We Would Have To Wait a Min/s And Keep Tryjng Until It Would Show Then It Would Start Right Up. But Recently, The Car Has Started Dying While we're Driving. I'm Talkin Fast, Slow, ON THA FREEWAY, ETC. And When I'm Driving On FW And It Happens, First I Lose ALL ACCELERATION AND THE GREEN KEY LIGHT FLASHES BUT THE CAR DOESN'T COMPLETELY DIE OUT FOR A FEW MORE SECS AND THEN THE WHOLE DASH WILL LIGHT UP SHOWING ITS DIED. So We Thought It Was The Immobilizer, So We Replaced It A Few Days Ago. Since Then It Drove Ok For A Few Days But Now It's DYING RELEATEDLY EVERY FEW MINS/MILES IT SEEMS LIKE! IDK WHAT TO DO, IM AT MY WITS END, I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT CARS BUT IM NOT DUMB, I CAN & DO LEARN QUICK AND ANYTHING IVE EVER NEEDED TO DO WITH MY CARS IVE LEARNED HOW TO DO OFF YOUTUBE/INTERNET. Also, After Car Dies When I Go To Restart It, That Immobilizer Light Doesn't Flash And It'll Usually Take a Few Mins Of Waiting Before It will Light Up When I Turn The Key Over And then It Will Fire Up. Idk What To Do, If It's The Fuel Pump, Relay, Ignition, ???? Not To Mention My Wife And I Live In Our Van So ANY AND ALL HELP WILLL
BE GREATLY APPRECIATED PLEASE AND THANK YOU! GOD BLESS! -SACRAMENTO,CA

#3 ·
When We Would Go To Start The Van And The Immobilizer Light Wouldn't Turn On/Flash
Only the immobilizer light doesn't come on, or none of the other indicator lights too (e.g. oil, etc.)

#5 ·
A bad main relay could cause the computer to not test the immobilizer when the key is turned to ON.

Do you hear the fuel pump run for 2 seconds when you turn the ignition to ON and the immobilizer light is off?

#8 ·
could this be that main relay?
If it's only the immobilizer and D4 lights that don't come on, yes.

If more than those two are out, it could be the ignition switch. It's a common failure on the 1999-2001 models.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.