Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 model and when I put the key into the key holes on the outside of the van (any of them), it unlocks the two front doors, the rear hatch, but only unlocks one or none of the side sliding doors. These are manual doors, not the power assisted ones. The problem persists with the locking and unlocking buttons on the front panel inside the van; locking or unlocking the doors only works for the front two doors and the back hatch, but only sometimes unlocks the side sliding doors. Any ideas why this could be happening or what could be causing this issue? Loose wires? Fuse replacement? Any electrical components that could be failing?

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have a 2001 model and when I put the key into the key holes on the outside of the van (any of them), it unlocks the two front doors, the rear hatch, but only unlocks one or none of the side sliding doors. These are manual doors, not the power assisted ones. The problem persists with the locking and unlocking buttons on the front panel inside the van; locking or unlocking the doors only works for the front two doors and the back hatch, but only sometimes unlocks the side sliding doors. Any ideas why this could be happening or what could be causing this issue? Loose wires? Fuse replacement? Any electrical components that could be failing?

Thanks,

Ben
The fact you got 19 years out of them is impressive.
The actuators get tired on the sliding doors over time.
My 2001EX both slowly started going on it about 5 years ago, just started locking them manually.

It's a fair bit of effort to get those door panels off, I think the lower roller has to be disconnected as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, garage kept for half it’s life probably helped that aspect for sure. Don’t mind doing the work, especially to keep it in good condition, how much are the actuators and which ones would have gone? (Front right door, rear left door, etc...)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
If the left sliding door is not unlocking, could be a problem with the fuel door interlock. Common issues: either the cable (upper pin) came loose or the rubber bumper that pushes the upper pin got lost. Door won't unlock if the system thinks the fuel door is open.

Reactions: Ticket

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm okay I’ll check it out, thanks! The front doors and the rear hatch still unlock tho; just the rear passenger doors would stay closed??

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hm okay I’ll check it out, thanks! The front doors and the rear hatch still unlock tho; just the rear passenger doors would stay closed??
The door sliding door on the side of your gas filler door, which is the drivers as mentioned by kernel.

if the gas door is open the door will not open if its power sliding or unlock.

the reasons are obvious here, if you had a gas pump nozzle in the filler tube, and someone opened the sliding door, that could make for an interesting situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts