Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I do have a few question regarding my 2001 ody.
My uncle just installed a new washer fluid motor pump after the old one failed, everything is working except the wiper indicator in the dash is lit permanently. we tried disconnecting the battery a couple of times to reset the memory but still on.

Secondly, it just threw an error code of P1457 which obviously something to do with evap emission control or something. Now, I was trying to shop online for Evap bypass valve but I don't know what is generic name. I can't find evap bypass valve item.

Thanks in advance and sorry for a stupid noob question.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I could find the evap bypass (solenoid) valve only available from the dealer for my 2002 Ody.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, did you have them installed by the dealer? do you know approx. how much it cost only for the valve?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
247 Posts
RE: P1457: I replaced the evap bypass (solenoid) valve. It's under the middle of the vehicle.

Trying to remember . . . . did the work last summer . . . . I followed the P1457 troubleshooting steps in the Honda Service Manual for the P1457 code.

Might be a good idea to search Odyclub for P1457 to learn more about what could be causing the code.

Honda Technical Service Bulletin 03-001 applied to my 2002 Ody and P1457, but I don't recall if it applies to a 2001. Should be able to find that TSB with an Internet search.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
There is a washer fluid level switch in the washer tank. Perhaps you unplugged it by mistake? It has a pink wire to it.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
Regarding the P1457 code, see the TSB attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot guys, I just printed out both pages and also ready to check the washer fluid level switch after work, I think that's exactly what the problem is.

Ciao
Allanitto

1 - 7 of 7 Posts