Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, ok here is my story. About a year ago we were traveling down the highway in our 2001 Honda odyssey ex with the cruise control set at 65, when all of a sudden the RPMs shoot up and the vehicle began to slow. My first impression was we lost the tranny. However, we pulled over and there were no visible signs of damage. Then we were able to drive it slowly to the next off ramp and park it. We had reverse and maybe first if anything, when we tried to pick up speed the RPMs would shoot up like the vehicle was in neutral. After the tow into town the mechanic said we needed a new transmission, so they replace it??? Now, almost one year later to the date we are traveling down the highway with the cruise on and the vehicle not abruptly this time, but gradually begins to lose speed to a stop. This time no forward or reverse. After the tow to our home the next morning I was able to get in the vehicle and drive it up the street for a bit before it started having that slipping feeling. Prior to and after the first event we had the check engine and TCS lights light up on occasion. Now our van sits. I have been informed that a faulty TCS module can make the vehicle act like this due to location, causing it to overheat and fail. Also, after reading some posts I realize that it could be many small things. I am looking to check everything out before accepting that the tranny went out again or if it was even that the first time. Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
539 Posts
What kind of warranty did you get on the rebuilt transmission? I would have it towed back to the shop that did that work ASAP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts