Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 honda odyssey Ex with about 158,000.

About 2 weeks ago we went on a family trip about 5 hours away from home. On our way back, my husband went to take the car out of park, and it wouldn't budge. He pumped the brakes a few times and got it out of park. When we returned home, I did some research and found that it might be the brake switch. 2 days ago my hubby replaced the brake switch no problem. Car came out of park easily. I drove the van around yesterday with no problems, it ran as it always does. This morning I went to start the van and there was absolutely No power at all (no locks, no sliding door, no headlights, nothing!) When trying to turn the key in the ignition there is absolutely no sound, not even a click.

I am very careful to make sure that all the dome lights are off, so I am sure that they did not drain the battery. I had the oil changed about a month ago and they tested the battery and said that it was good.

I am not sure if the 2 scenarios are related, advice would be much appreciated. I am waiting for the hubby to get back from work to see if we can jump the van.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If the battery is close to the end of warrantee, I also would suspect the battery
(and would replace it regardless if it's close).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts