Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the situation. last march had timing belt and water pump supposedly repaired. this month had a whinning noise so took it to a honda dealer for diagnostic. found nothing said have to open up engine, said it could be waterpump. told them waterpump was replaced last march. brought back to have tensioner replaced(thats all i found online that could be it). they called half way to say waterpump is bad. 500 for first repair, 890 for dealer fix:mad:please help me i have attached some photos of waterpump they said in invoice that it looked original,old. any help or info would be greatly appreciated, thanks Sean 100_1812.jpg 100_1811.jpg 100_1810.jpg 100_1809.jpg 100_1808.jpg 100_1807.jpg 100_1806.jpg 100_1805.jpg 100_1804.jpg 100_1803.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sean,

Your water pump does not quite look like my '01 original which I replaced a couple of days ago. The fan blade is different where it connects to the shaft and there is no part number prefix stamped on my fan blade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks scottca48, info is helpful, appreciate you taking your time with my post. just trying to get as much info as possible.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
That is an OEM water pump. Honda pump made by Aisin. Also, if you look at the two circles in the middle pic on the left, that is the production date stamp iirc. Looks like the year of the pump is 2010 so it is not the original.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its hard to say if WP is bad. I have installed new ones that lasted years, and ones that lasted days. Especially if you buy from Autozone or Advance, you roll the dice. the noise from WP usually from bearings or bent impellers. I would be more interested in the noise that brought u to the conclusion that the pump is bad. I have worked on cars for over 20 yrs. Just looking at the pictures it looks good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks cdolesh, noise was more of whinning noise, it was more pronounced when i started the vehicle. To me I thought it sounded more like a belt issue. ???? re waterpump its a oem pump does that matter? thanks sean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you mjody, appreciate your help. funny how the specially trained honda dealer mechanic stated in his notes that it look original, old. thanks sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts