Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On a recent trip to Fla (from Atlanta), my CEL and TCC lights came on. Nothing noticeable with the van. Came back, brought it to Autozone and got P0505 and P0740. Here is what is strange.

In June, I had the Idle Air Control Value replaced due to erratic engine behavior.

Before the trip to Fla, had the timing belt change as preventative maintenance.

Now as I read the boards, the P0740 concerns me as it points to the Torque Converter Clutch and could mean a new transmission.

What I am wondering is what is the coincidence that the two previous repairs are causing false codes? I have not seen any posts where BOTH codes are coming up together. As I have mentioned, the IACV was already replaced 4 months ago and there is nothing noticeable when driving. Idle is fine, transmission is fine at low speed and highway speed. I am afraid to bring it to the dealer b/c the P0740 code will suggest a new transmission when possibly not necessary. I am bringing in to my local guy first to see if he can shed some light on this. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I would just reset the p0505 and see if it comes back. Just because the IAC was changed doesn't mean it can't have a problem. if it comes back I would probably remove and inspect it and clean everything up good.
For the P0740 I would probably do several drain and fills on the transmission checking the state of the fluid. Diagnostic procedure is mainly around the lockuo solonoids. You don't give the year but if it is the five speed it wouldn't hurt to replace the filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

The year is 2002, I put it in the subject, but it got lost in there.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I would check and clean the connector on the IAC and then monitor.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you guys know the best way to clean the IAC valve or what cleaner to use? Does it need to be removed from the engine before cleaning?

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
I recall a couple threads on removing and cleaning the IACV. These involved cutting a slot (slots?) in some of the fasteners so that a regular flat-tip screwdriver could be used to loosen the fasteners to facilitate IACV removal.

OF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts