Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my Honda dealer, accessory pricing has not changed for 2002. I'm not sure if I believe him. Many 2001 accessories should be compatible with the 2002, but the emblem kit, for example, has changed.

Anyone else heard anything?

Trevor at www.handa-accessories.com seems to be out of the office today.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Spoke to Trevor yesterday

1. Honda wood dash - same for 2002
2. Cargo mat and Magic Seat Liner - same for 2002
3. Honda Hitch - No the same
4. Transmission Cooler - Not sure
5. Honda steering wheel (Wood/leather)
-Same for 2002....(Funny, the orginal wheel part number are different.)
6. Emblem - Different for 2002
7. Cassette/CD Changer - same for 2002

Hope this helps

1ODY2NV

2002 GG EXL - due in Oct.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the 02. is the trailer hitch the same as the 99-01. i would think it would because there is no change the frame? but the posting above says no the same (not the same) or (the same)from 1ody2nv
thanks

2002 redrock ex res due mid sept.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Same question here...how could the hitch be different when nothing significant should have changed around where it mounts, or in the bumper?

Maybe we misunderstand "no same"

- Darell

------------------
Ordered:
2002 EXL-NAV. White/fern

·
Registered
122 Posts
Talk to Trevor,
and see the H and A website. The new exhaust system and sound damping might have changed the specs. The part numbers are different. He said once he see their dealership do one, he will compare the two. I have a 2001 with a hitch that I am trading in for a 2002 (See Trade in value post). I gave them the hitch in the deal for $200.00 ( I got it for that $200 incl shipping from College Hills Honda on eBay and installed it myself).

The hitch stinks. I have bottomed out twelve times since I bought it when someone is in the 3rd row.See VTECLOVER post on the hitch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I heard the reason they change the factory hitch. Was they had to cut the bottom of the bumper cover. The new hitch don't need to be cut

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’ve been waiting since prices came out last Thursday to hear back from our dealer about any changes on the ’02 accessories. Once we have these it’s time to get a sitter for the kids, pull up a comfortable chair in his office, and see just how much he’s gonna “work with me” on the final drive off price on our Odyssey.

I posted the following in the Honda and Aftermarket Accessories section, but got only one response. Sorry if you’ve read it before, but my mind is still inquiring:

I am working with a dealer that is going to sell me our 2002 EX-L-RES at MSRP (haven’t been able to get the –500 some are claiming on this forum ... yet). I’m OK with that.

I also want as many accessories installed by the factory or the dealership so that they will all be covered by the full 3-36 (longer if I opt for the extended Honda Care) warranty, not just 12 months if I install them myself (sorry modders). When I went over the list of accessory items I want on the van with the dealer, many of which are now thankfully part of the L or RES packages, and asked him for pricing, he threw out MSRP figures. On the final list that I gave him so he could place the order for our 2002, I attached printouts of H&As prices as reference and asked how his prices compared. He said his prices were “comparable”.

Going down my original list (before there was an L or RES package) & pricing it out at MSRP and at H&As prices (not including S&H), there was about a $1K difference. I asked the dealer if he would install the parts if I bought them from H&A & he said he would, but that I probably wouldn’t save any money going this route because, by the time I pay S&H, and full labor costs, I might actually go in the hole. According to him, accessories purchased from the dealer are installed at a discounted labor fee during the prep of a new vehicle.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
’90 4Runner – great, but inadequate for a family of 5
’86 Civic – bye, bye my little old friend
’02 GG Odyssey EX-L-RES w/all the fixings – hello, my new best friend

tnuckels

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tnuckels:
Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before? </font>
My dealer tried to match HandA's prices, but was unable to. He said he would install the parts for the same labor charge no matter where I bought them.

-- Todd

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer said he didn't think the tow kit would be available until December. But I talked to College Hills parts mgr. Tuesday and he said he got a Honda notice 8/24 that said it MAY be available in a few weeks. He also said the bulletin stressed not to use the previous kit--or any outside mfrs kit, of course--as they may damage the 02. No biggie. I guess we'll just have to wait a while.

------------------
OkieOdy

96 Accord
02 Odyssoon
---------------------

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trevor - do you know when we might be able to get those great 2nd seat cupholder parts and at what price? I know you'll be doing a brisk business in these as soon as they come out if they're even a half-way reasonable cost.

------------------
vangirl

'01 SS EX with i-VES, Kelton Subwoofer, trailer hitch, cross bars, in-dash CD changer, fog lights, cargo tray

'00 New Formula Red S2000
'00 Flamenco Black Pearl Civic EX

·
Registered
57 Posts
My dealer confirms what the College Hills parts manager said. One new change and one that will probably add to the price is the addition of a power steering fluid cooler.

"Your info. is correct, the new trailer hitch can only be installed as a package which will include the hitch, transmission oil cooler, AND power steering fluid cooler. A 2001 hitch cannot be installed on a 2002, and they said in the internal memo that the kit will be available a "few weeks" after the release date of the van (which was 8/24).

If it is available when your van arrives, and you want one, we'll be happy to price it to you then...prices won't be released until the kit is available."

·
Registered
47 Posts
Trevor - I second the middle seat cup holder request. Would love to know if I can add side cup holders to my '01 seats. Was one of those Sienna features we liked.

------------------
2001 Ody EX Navi GG + Infinity speakers, trailer hitch, Yakima bike rack, AirLifts, cross bars, mod sliding door, outside/inside thermometer
2000 Acura TL Navi Gold + Comptech sway bars, metallic tints

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Just a couple of quick notes:

My '01 has a power steering fluid cooler. It appears to be quite similar to the Honda tranny cooler but without the fins and it's mounted on the right side.

If you're looking for cup holders, try boating or RV shops. I saw some cup holders, similar to some someone else referred to for a Volvo some time ago, in a boating shop last weekend for $4/each, available in black, white, or tan.

·
Registered
57 Posts
"My '01 has a power steering fluid cooler. It appears to be quite similar to the Honda tranny cooler but without the fins and it's mounted on the right side."

Thanks for that input, I'd not seen where a power steering cooler was part of the set-up before. AND the dealer made it look like something different. That's good news, shouldn't be much of a change in price.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The MDX towing package includes both a transmission and a powering steering cooler. Probably because of the higher horsepower motor and more heat generated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm on the list for an '02 GG EX-L from the Honda Store in Youngstown, Ohio. Gene gave me MSRP with no frieght charge which is essentially the same as the MSRP -$500 that others have recieved.

He called me today to tell me they have two SS EX's inbound that are not claimed yet. You can get the same price or better that I got. He's willing to drive within 200 miles to to deliver the van if needed.

The number/address is:
448 Boardman-Canfield
Boardman, Ohio 44512
(330)726-2300
The salesman I've dealt with is Gene and things have went smoothly thus far.

·
Registered
38 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VTEClover:
Trevor - I second the middle seat cup holder request. Would love to know if I can add side cup holders to my '01 seats. Was one of those Sienna features we liked.

</font>
Ordered the parts needed to add the middle seat cup holders from Trevor and installed today on my 2001 EX. The 02' parts fit perfectly on the 01' seats. The only mod needed was the need for 2 extra mounting holes to be drilled in the seat frame to attach the cup holder sub bracket. A couple of #14 x 1 1/2" self drilling/tapping sheet metal screws did the trick. They look and work great - just like the 02'.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2001aRoadOdyssey:
Ordered the parts needed to add the middle seat cup holders from Trevor and installed today on my 2001 EX. The 02' parts fit perfectly on the 01' seats. The only mod needed was the need for 2 extra mounting holes to be drilled in the seat frame to attach the cup holder sub bracket. A couple of #14 x 1 1/2" self drilling/tapping sheet metal screws did the trick. They look and work great - just like the 02'.</font>
Hi, 2001aRoadOdyssey.

If you don't mind me asking, what did the addition of the '02 cupholders run you? Thanx.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts