Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows how to get the antenna off the 2002 model. I had heard that you can teist it off but I am confused to what part of the antenna is actually coming off. Do I twist the silver color base or just the antenna itself?

------------------
2002 SS EXL-RES
Subwoofer,fog light,
mud guard,hood deflector

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just the antenna.

It will be tight from the factory, more than hand tight that is. Just use an adjustable wrench on the bottom part of the antenna, there are flat sides for the wrench.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thulchatt:
Just the antenna.

It will be tight from the factory, more than hand tight that is. Just use an adjustable wrench on the bottom part of the antenna, there are flat sides for the wrench.
</font>
Actually, the factory doesn't screw the antenna on. The antenna ships separately, inside the van, and the dealership installs it as part of the dealer prep (that's paid for not by the customer but by Honda, just in case anyone thinks otherwise).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yea, mine was finger loose when I bought the van.

An adjustable wrench with anti scratch coating (nylon ?) should loosen a stuborn one hopefully without a scratch to the black paint.

·
Registered
81 Posts
To not scratch the paint you can just take some masking tape or electrical tape and put 1 layer over the antenna before applying the wrench.

Needs to be a fairly thin yet somewhat tough tape. Duct tape and scotch tape are probably out (heresy, I know...).

Scott

------------------
'02 SS EX-L RES

·
Registered
147 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sgergen:
Duct tape and scotch tape are probably out (heresay, I know...)</font>
Don't you know that you can fix a whole spaceship with duct tape? Didn't you see Apollo 13? In that movie, something was breaking on that spaceship every five minutes, and Kevin Bacon would just whip out the duct tape and -- bam! -- it was fixed.

Then again, they weren't too concerned about leaving little bits of tape residue all over the spaceship.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not a big fan of powered antennas, haven't seen one yet that lasts more than a couple years here in MN.

The better question would be why they didn't integrate the antenna into the windshield or the rear window like they did with the 2002 Civic.

Scott

------------------
'02 SS EX-L RES, Honda Mudflaps, Honda Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Leather Steering Wheel Cover (when the weather warms up!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts