Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha! Just when you thought you knew ALL the improvements in the 2002 model....

There I was, flipping through my Helm manual, when what do I behold? The low fuel indicator is now an LED for the first time. Whoo hoo!

I know, hard to get excited about, but as many of you have now figured out - I LOVE LEDs. In fact, the whole reason I'm looking through the manual tonight is to see if I can figure out a way to easily convert the spoiler-mounted brake light into an LED unit. And here I find, for some reason, they decided to replace this one dash light (used to be a 1.4w incandescent) with an LED.

Ok, sorry for the interruption.

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me." - Steve Marin
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 V70 T5 - White w/ graphite leather

·
Registered
68 Posts
Darrel,

Can you look in that handy Helms manual for me and see what part #'s I need to order to get *everything* I need for the Honda Canada daytime running light installation? (i.e. the module, any LED's, switches, etc.?)

I will be ordering my Helm manual soon, but want to get a head start on this.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Greg -

I was actually just looking at that myself, and the bad news is that the info you will be needing will probably be found only in the electrical manual. This service manual shows how to test the DRL control unit, but that's about the extent of it. Sorry.

- Darell

------------------

·
Registered
72 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:
...The low fuel indicator is now an LED for the first time. Whoo hoo!

...I LOVE LEDs. In fact, the whole reason I'm looking through the manual tonight is to see if I can figure out a way to easily convert the spoiler-mounted brake light into an LED unit. And here I find, for some reason, they decided to replace this one dash light (used to be a 1.4w incandescent) with an LED.

- Darell
</font>
Darell,

I love LEDs too. they lat longer(forever)and give a very pleasing better look.

Will

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LED:

lighter, cool (not hot, I mean), indestructible, waterproof, less energy, focused, long-lasting.

Really, the only thing against them is original expense. But over their life, they are by far the cheapest lighting source. Their safety factor is even better. If you are hit in the taillights, the bulbs will probably break. If you have LED taillights, the chances are the lense will break, but the LEDs will still light. You can then drive home safely.

I LOVE LEDs.

-d

------------------

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Not to mention faster-responding compared to incandescent bulbs.

By quite a bit, in fact. It's very noticeable in a brake light application--and that extra tenth or whatever of a second could mean the difference between contact and no.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn. I knew I'd forget some important point! You're right of course. I love how they "snap" on and off.

The safety issues are many: You'd probably never see another burned-out marker light if they were all LED. They could even be hard-wired in so there would be no chance of corrosion at the connection.
-d

·
Registered
478 Posts
In my business we have been changing over bit by bit to LEDs for years for all the reasons listed.
I've been seeing a lot of traffic signal lights (primarily the red) changed over to LED too. Main reason of course is safety-i.e. you will "never" come upon an intersection with a burned out bulb on the red and blow right on through. This is most crucial on the secondary roads where there may not be redundant signals (only one light each direction).

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts