Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my build date today for my 2002 EP EX-L!.... 8/25/01

With a deliver date somewhere between 9/5 and 9/25.

[This message has been edited by tlutz (edited 08-17-2001).]

P

·
0 Posts
hey, how'd you get that? I'd love to know when ours is going to be built!

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:

Michelle

</font>
My dealer called me today with that info.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey, tlutz! another ody driver from Idaho. Did you go through Larry Miller? We just picked up our MB EX on Saturday and it arrived a whole week earlier than they said it would. Hope the same happens for you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good News for you tlutz !!

Our salesman, Bernie at "COUNTRY MOTORS"
in Western PA told us that our 2002 GG EX will be built in Sept. He will call us when he gets a VIN number from Honda. We are first on the list for a 2002.

We can hardly wait !!
Folks that ordered 2002 models should be getting ready to shoot out of the gate for their vans !! I am ready to see what that 240 horses will do !! Yee HAAA !!

Farmer Tom

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by twinmomma:
hey, tlutz! another ody driver from Idaho. Did you go through Larry Miller? We just picked up our MB EX on Saturday and it arrived a whole week earlier than they said it would. Hope the same happens for you!</font>
I bet you're happy!

Yes, we went through Larry Miller. Mike Matthews is our sales guy. Nice guy, no real hassle... just agreed to MSRP and now have to wait (we were the first on their list for a 2002).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just got a call from my salesperson after I asked when my build date was scheduled. My redrock pearl EX will be built between 9/12 and 9/16. He thinks it will be here about a week or so after that. I'm sure I'll have it before the end of September even if they do hold them for awhile. Can't wait.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got a call from our dealer over the weekend about our GG EX-L-RES order and its build date. Honda will be doing a GG run between 8/28-9/1 and ours will be somewhere in that lot. After it is built, it will take about two weeks to transport the van down from Canada to the dealership here in Alabama. The final step will be to add the accessories and prep it for sale (unknown timeframe). So, it looks like we'll take delivery about the 2-3d week in September ... just in time for my birthday (YES!).
-----------------------------------------------------------
’90 4Runner – great, but inadequate for a family of 5
’86 Civic – bye, bye my little old friend
’02 GG Odyssey EXL-RES w/all the fixings – hello, my new best friend

tnuckels

·
Registered
205 Posts
Anyone have a build date on a Mesa Beige EXL-RES? I was first on my list at local dealer, but suprisingly they can tell me NOTHING so far. I'm beginning to wonder if this combination/color is not scheduled for a September production run.

·
Registered
122 Posts
blakeinhou
Anyone have a build date on a Mesa Beige EXL-RES? I was first on my list at local dealer, but suprisingly they can tell me NOTHING so far. I'm beginning to wonder if this combination/color is not scheduled for a September production run.

Hi blakeinhou,
I read dealers in the NYC got the following info.

Mesa Beige EX for 9/8
Granite Green EXL-RES for 9/16

I would think if you are first in line for a 2002, it will be in this timeframe.

The only difference between an EX & EXL-RES is leather & DVD. That gets done in the finishing process.

I called the factory in Canada last week and they said Silver and Granite Green was going to go first this week. ( I had the number since I own a 2001 GG EX which I am trading up to an EXL or EXL-RES.)

Anyway Good Luck and keep us posted.

1ODY2NV
2001 GG EX (20 K miles) - on trade
2002 GG EXL - due 9/16

·
Registered
122 Posts
poodleluvr

Michelle

Michelle,
My dealer in NYC got these dates for September production. Your stepdad's car is on the list.
I would have your dealer check their info.

Good Luck
1ODY2NV

On Order
-September Production-
2001 S2000 in Grand Prix White
2002 Odyssey EX-L in Evergreen Pearl 8/22
2002 Odyssey LX in Granite Green Metallic 8/28
2002 Odyssey EX-L RES in Redrock Pearl 8/28
2002 Odyssey EX in Mesa Beige Metallic 9/08
2002 Odyssey EX-L RES in Granite Green Metallic 9/16
2002 Odyssey EX-L in Redrock Pearl 9/24

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can anyone confirm first run build dates for RP? My salesperson is on vacation this week and now you all have me salivating. Again.
Okie Ody

P

·
0 Posts
I mentioned to my step dad that the dealer would have a build date, and I think he just hasn't gotten around to it. I guess I'd better bug him about it.

Michelle

------------------

• 1987 Blue Civic Sedan

·
Registered
57 Posts
"Can anyone confirm first run build dates for RP? My salesperson is on vacation this week and now you all have me salivating. Again.Okie Ody"

My dealer gave me the same information that dsalfred posted earlier. This is from an e-mail he sent yesterday.

"...scheduled build date is 9/12 to 9/16 (they always give a four day range), so, adding about 12 days for shipping, count on 9/24 to 9/28..."

Hope your's is following our's down the line!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks bluesramsrock.
Considering the proximity of our two locales, they could be on the same truck coming from Canada!
What a great week...
Friday = price release
Saturday = college football begins

------------------
OkieOdy

96 Accord
02 Odyssoon
---------------------

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got my build date today. I called the dealer to see if he had received any 2002 brochures yet. He had not, he did however have my build date. My 2002 Red Rock Pearl EX will be built on September 15th. He guessed it would be here no later that the first week of October. I can hardly wait.

I also asked about pricing but he had no new information. I honestly think that I know more about the details of the 2002's thanks to odyclub.com. Love the site!

John

P

·
0 Posts
Whew! I'm relieved! The dealer told us mid October, but they're typically fully of crap.

1ODY2NV, We've got a RP EXL-RES on order, so is that date you've got on your sig a build date? We're considering switching to just an EX-L and building our own RES system, do you think this would affect delievery time?

Is the 9/12-9/15 RP run for sure? That'd be awesome, that means that we'll get it at the end of September.

Michelle

------------------

• 1987 Blue Civic Sedan

·
Registered
194 Posts
But what you Americans don't realize is that we Canadians actually drive your brand new Odyssey's around town for a couple of weeks, then we ship them down to you!!

:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Michelle

A 9/15 build date then delivery to CA will equate to a 1st week Oct delivery.

Thats funny that you are thinking about changing the order.

We changed yesterday to a MB EXL-RES due 1st/2nd week in November from a GG EXL in 1st week in October.

I got an awesome trade-value on my ODY '01 (See trade-In value post)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts