Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just notified that our odyssey is here. We will be going to pick it up on saturday. I have printed out the check list from the links page but was wondering if there is anything else that is not on the check list that is recommended that we check out before we take possession of our odyssey.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Consider adding:

<ul>[*]Do the inspection in the daylight, not at night [*]Be prepared for the salesrep to try to add something during the transaction. Mine tried to talk us into a "$700" remote starter system. They may also try to sell HondaCare at a higher price than available elsewhere [*]Have someone show you how to work everything, including <ul>[*]How to program the HomeLink whether you have a "rolling code" garage door opener or not [*]How to remove and install the middle seats [*]Where the spare tire and jack are [*]Where to fill the washer fluid, etc..[/list]This is all in the manual, but why not let the dealer show demonstrate it.
[*]Get a demo of the A/C, including how to use vent only (its not obvious from the control panel) [*]If you are getting an EX, test the electric sliding doors to see that they do not squish you [*]Allow more time than you think and don't let them rush you [*]Ask about how they handle service, do you need an appointment, what discounts are available for repeat customers. Do they provide a loaner car while yours is in the shop [*]Be prepared for the salesrep to ask for all 5 ratings in Honda's follow-up telephone survey. Decide in advance how you want to deal with the survey. Some people get something extra out of a positive rating, others stick it to the dealer, etc..
[/list]
Regards,

Maugham<font size=-7><font color=pink><center>

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 11-28-2001).]

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would also make sure that you include a test drive before taking delivery. Alot of things can show up that wont be revealed during a static inspection.
Look for any pulling to the right or left.
Listen for any odd noises from engine or transmission.
Listen for any rattles etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
A few things I've made notes on:

will the hood close from being dropped from about a foot?

if you put the windows at "half-mast" and try to wiggle them with both hands, will they wiggle?

is steering wheel on-center?

Apologies if I've duplicated something.

Good luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all of your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts