Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the 2002 has coat hooks for the second row, in addition to those for the third row like the 2001's. Can someone with a 2002 confirm this and give an evaluation if they're adaptable/installable on a 2001?

Also, does the 2002 have a grab handle above the door opening, similar to those over the front doors? If so, does it look usable on 2001?

Many thanks in advance,
Mel

·
Registered
33 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mel:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the 2002 has coat hooks for the second row, in addition to those for the third row like the 2001's. Can someone with a 2002 confirm this and give an evaluation if they're adaptable/installable on a 2001?</font>
Yes, there are 3rd Row coat hooks in the 2002. I don't see how you could "install" them in another model year.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Also, does the 2002 have a grab handle above the door opening, similar to those over the front doors? If so, does it look usable on 2001?</font>
Yes, grab handles on 2002 in 2nd row at slide door entrances. I suppose you could install these (assuming you can get the parts) into a previous model year, but it seems there is a recessed area that makes them look relatively nice in their folded position. I have some doubts it could be done well as a retrofit in a previous model year, though less doubt on the handle than on the coat hook.

Best wishes,
- R

------------------
RW
'02 SS EX (Navi Wanted, but not Leather--looking into Aftermarket Navi)
- Cargo Tray & Cover
- Mud Flaps
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Lots of Scotch-Guard
'89 Red Mazda B2200
'86 Gray Acura Legend (Tranny going out--replacing with Ody!)
'84 Honda V500 Interceptor Motorcycle
Past 'Fav: '86 Honda Prelude Si (totalled by an idiot from behind)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R,

Talk about quick responses...

Are there coat hooks in the SECOND row? 2001's have hooks in the third row, too, but I find it quite inconvenient to use.

Thanks,
Mel

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yes, there are coat hooks in the second row as well for 2002.

I like the grab handles. They're sprung so as to stay up and out of the way. And when you use them and then release them, they swing back up VERY nice and easy, slowly, like--well, like you'd expect from an Acura.

The coat hooks are also very nicely integrated into the grab handles, and they swing down and lock independent of the grab handles when you need them and swing up and stay with the grab handles when you don't need them.. Overall, the whole system is a luxury touch.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I know this is an older thread - just wondering - has anyone upgraded a pre-02 with these hooks/handles for the second row?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts