Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated color chart from a scanner.

[This message has been edited by tlutz (edited 08-24-2001).]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the post, but its real difficult to see.

Does anyone have the info on which seat type/color goes with the exterior colors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wahorn:

Does anyone have the info on which seat type/color goes with the exterior colors?
</font>
We ordered the Redrock Pearl, so I know its interior color is the quartz. I don't know about the new blue color, since it doesn't come out 'till Spring '02.

------------------
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
:) Lori Stefanski

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wahorn:

</font>
From the brochure...

Taffeta White/Fern
Havasu Blue Metallic/Fern
Starlight Silver Metallic/Quartz
Redrock Pearl/Quartz
Granite Green Metallic/Fern
Evergreen Pearl/Ivory
Mesa Beige Metallic/Ivory

·
Registered
585 Posts
Actually, there is.

I think the cloth looks more 'refined' (if that's possible) on an EX.

I don't know how they do it but somehow the Honda engineers have created the fabric in such a way that the LX & EX definitely look different.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wallstreet123456:
Do you really think there is a difference between LX and EX cloth interior???????????</font>
Yes, I would think so. When we bought our Subaru Forester, the higher-end model had thicker, more plush cloth. The salesman said it should wear better/longer than the low-end cloth.

I haven't asked Honda about this, but it wouldn't surprise me.

[This message has been edited by tlutz (edited 08-24-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
The LX and EX fabrics are definitely different. At least in previous years. I have one of each in my neighborhood, and the difference is obvious, at least in looks. The LX cloth is much "busier" but the same general color.

- Darell

------------------
Ordered:
2002 EXL-NAV. White/fern

·
Registered
103 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DDakRT:
Is it just me or is the Havasu blue in the colour chart looks a lot like GG in person?</font>
I noticed that too and agree. Then the GG looks brown (as does the fern interior). Oddly the other colors look close enough to correct. But don't go by the GG and fern in this color chart!

- Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sdp:
I noticed that too and agree. Then the GG looks brown (as does the fern interior). Oddly the other colors look close enough to correct. But don't go by the GG and fern in this color chart!

- Steve
</font>
The scanned images of the color chart are a lot different if you see them in person. The leathers in the images all look brown, but Quartz is grey! As far as Havasu Blue looking close to GG -- it doesn't in person. Or at least when seeing the new blue on the color chart in person, that is! HB looks light blue and GG seems more dark grey on an actual Odyssey. You've all probably discussed this before (I'm new here), but I swear GG doesn't have ANY green in it, so where'd Honda get that name?!

·
Registered
47 Posts
The '02 brochure just hit So. Calif today at my dealer. I wanted to check out the new Havasu Blue, since a light blue was our #1 choice in color before we got GG. My dealer said that the new HB is the same as the 1999 Civic and he took me to the used car section to see a couple of 99 Civics. If the Civic color is a match, then the HB looks darker on a larger surface than in the patch in the 02 brochure. I'd say it's more blue and a little richer than the HB Ody in the brochure. Its a nice light to medium light metalic blue.

I realize its hard to make a color choice from a brochure and that we'll have to wait until Spring for the color to arrive. So until then, we'll just keep looking for more sneak peaks. If someone else can confirm or deny the 99 Civic color match, that might be helpful to those trying to make a color choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts