Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was raised a few months ago, but I wanted to get some ideas regarding console options. My wife and I have both decided that (at least for most of the time when we don't need to access the second row from the front) that the fold up/down table is useless.

I remember some saying that there was a console that fit well at K-Mart. I went to a few and didn't see anything remotely resembling a nice console with electric capability. Also, there was some question about how to properly fit/anchor the console to the Odyssey. Anybody have an update? What have y'all been doing regarding these issues? Any info or suggestions would be a big help. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well I have looked at the various solutions and they look like cheap plastic or dont quite fit what I am looking for. So my holday break project is to build one. My design will be to build it in nice wood with drink holders in front, with a kleenex dispensor on the front face under the drink holders. I will probably have a pen holder or such as well. The back will be a small garbage area for kleenex and such.

The main surface will be for burgers, papers, etc. It will slide backwards in a slotted fashion and reveal storage and power jacks.

So whats different, I can use all the space available. Create a sliding tray similar in size to the standard EX tray with edge lips that prevent rolloff going around corners and not have that cheap plastic look.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got my console from K Mart but I had to look at several of them before I found it. I don't think they carry it any more. It is powered. It plugs nicely into the low port on the ODY. You then have 2 power ports for the back seats and 1 inside the console. It is not the best made thing in the world but neither is the flip up tray in my option. I think it is still available at Heartland America on line at this site http://www.heartlandamerica.com/HTMLA/ProductTemplates/product.asp?SKU=5872
It will fit between the drivers seat and flip up tray but the fit is snug. My wife and I both drive the ODY so we are always moving the seat up and back. I took the flip up tray off. Chuck, I think, has the instructions. It took about 15 minutes. The console is held in place with screws [they look like dry wall screws] into the carpet. It stays in place nicely and has lots of storage. We both like it. I recommend it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got my console at K Mart but I had to go to three of them before I found a K Mart that had it. It will fit between the drivers seat and the flip up tray snugly. Since my wife and I both drive the ODY I wasn't happy with it rubbing against the seat so I took out the flip up tray. I think Chuck has instructions on how to remove it. It took me about 15 minutes. The console is screwed into the carpet with screws provided with it. It is availible from on line from heartlandamerica. The color matches the interior of the GG very well. It is not the best made thing around but neither is the flip up. It plugs into the ODY's power outlet nicely. The power connection for the console is on the bottom so you just run it under the mat. It is hidden nicely. You then have 2 outlets for the back seat and 1 outlet inside the console for the front seat. We are very happy we it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My next plan is to make a console, also. I was thinking about making one from wood and possibly mounting the top of the fold down tray on hinges to make a flip UP tray with a compartment underneath. Power for accessory sockets can easily be tapped from the power seat harness. I would also love to install some floor level door-actuated lights. Anyone have a source?

·
Registered
36 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chrisj2641:
The console is screwed into the carpet with screws provided with it. It is availible from on line from heartlandamerica. The color matches the interior of the GG very well. It is not the best made thing around but neither is the flip up.</font>
I too got this console, and since none of the K-marts around where I live carry it, I ordered it form heartlandamerica.com, which was fine. I like the console because it's got a ton of room in its storage compartment, and the two little storage drawers underneath are really handy for disposing of trash. And it's lighted on the inside (great for when retrieving stuff at night) and the inner power plug allows for charging a cellphone while keeping it out of sight from thieves. This is one of the fewer consoles out there that is high enough; others I feel sit too low. Sure, it's not a real deluxe console (no padding or wood anywhere, and one has to be careful not to open the lid past a certain point, or else it might break off from the unit--I think that did happen to another Odyclub member), but it sure does the job.

------------------
(o: Terry :eek:)
'02 GG EX-L RES
Splash guards, mod floor mats & cargo tray, Poron backup sensors, VCR/TV tuner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts