Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just the other night we noticed the dash lights, radio light, etc are all dimly lit when the headlights are on. I checked the alternator output & it is good at 14.7V at idle. Now we noticed that when we turn the headlights off & just leave the parking lights on - all those lights get as bright as they normally used to be.

Is this a bad headlight switch or could it be something else?

I assume we would need the dealer to replace the headlight switch due to the airbag, etc?

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Did you check the dimmer switch? Does it work if you turn it when the parking brakes are on? Does it work when the headlights are on? You seem to describe a problem that seems normal behaviour if the dimmer switch is turned lower.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought but I can't find a dash light dimmer switch. Do you know where it is?
Also, I think the dash lights would be dim when the parking lights are on too wouldn't they? That's why I think it may be the headlight switch assembly but I am not sure.

The dash lights are normal brightness when the parking lights are on but go dim when the headlights are turned on.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
In the 99-04 forum, on the top in the stickies, there are links to the Owner's manuals. You might benefit from browsing them since you do not know where the dimmer switch is. I don't have your gen of the van but I think the trip reset knob is what acts as a dimmer or there is another stalk around there with a clock like icon which is the dimmers switch. Your owner's manual should have pix.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. I do have an owner's manual but I didn't see anything in it about a dimmer switch. I will look through it again tonight. I'll let you know. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts