Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My EX has a particularly schizophrenic climate control system. I don't understand why the darn thing, when it is in full auto, doesn't feel like the temperature it's set at. And in manual it's either real hot, real cold (no middle ground), or if it gets testy, shuts off completely, and won't come back on at all. I have read the manual, and still am having trouble getting this thing to work right.

Any suggestions for the perpetually clueless?

Also, anybody else experiencing these apparent abnormalities?

------------------
2002 Odyssey GG EXL Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Air Deflector, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Cross-Bars

·
Registered
261 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nsommers:
Also, anybody else experiencing these apparent abnormalities?</font>
Yep! I'd guess many people.

Any suggestions for the perpetually clueless?</font>
I have always, in the past 3 years, used the MANUAL setting. I jsut cant understand the auto...
??

------------------

·
Registered
9 Posts
YES! Had same problem with my 2000EX when I recieved it two years ago. Took it back to dealer twice but he couldn't make the problem happen. Finally insisted that they check the "balance" of the refrigerant (pressure on each side of the compressor) because if this gets out of spec you have all kinds of problems. This was the problem. From the factory the "refrigerant balance" was totally out of whack. It took 5 minutes to fix and everything worked peachy after that. Good luck!

·
Registered
342 Posts
My EX has a particularly schizophrenic climate control system. I don't understand why the darn thing, when it is in full auto, doesn't feel like the temperature it's set at.

Any suggestions for the perpetually clueless?

</font>
My previous car had a semi automatic temp control on the AC. It didn't always feel right either, as far as the temp settings were concerned. Our perceptions of what is cold and not can change on any given day. Since I could easily cook or freeze myself on any given day, I had no reason to suspect that the system wasn't working properly. I finally learned to just adjust the temp up or down a little if I wasn't comfortable. In the long run, I finally settled on a temp setting from 72 to 75 degrees, depending on the day.

On the other hand, Dpeacock1 makes a good point. If the AC part of the system isn't working right, you'll have a problem anyway. It probably wouldn't hurt to have it checked.

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts